The Finance Department is responsible for:
- Development of policies and procedures for the effective protection of town assets, concise reporting of financial activity, proper investment of town assets as well as Pension Fund and Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) investments
- The preparation of the draft budget for the Town Administrator to present to the Budget Board each February.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting on the year-to-date revenue and expenses of the town as approved at the annual Financial Town Meeting each May.
- Provide for the fair and equitable assessment of all taxable property in accordance with Rhode Island General Laws to support the annual tax levy that funds town operations.
- Preparation of the employee payroll, tax collections, and the payment of vendor invoices.
- Coordinate with the Independent Auditors in the preparation and completion of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
Real estate taxes are due in four quarterly payments on the last business day prior to July 31, October 31, January 31, and April 30. The automobile tax was abolished, with the last bill being sent on 7/1/2021.
Sewer fees and assessments are due in September.
Every effort is made to send tax bills to property owners, but not receiving a bill does not excuse you from paying the taxes or any accrued interest for late payment.
Payments should be mailed to:
Town of Lincoln
P.O. Box 100
Lincoln, RI 02865
Online Bill Pay
We currently accept online payment of real estate property tax, excise tax, and sewer fees and / or assessments. Payment can be made either by Mastercard or Visa credit cards. A processing fee will be assessed for all credit card payments.
|Payment From $||Payment To $||Convenience Fee $|
|166.67||And up||3% of payment|