I no longer live in the Town of Lincoln but I have a Motor Vehicle Tax bill.

You should not be paying more than one Town for the same time period. You are taxed according to the address that is listed on your registration, not your current residence. Motor Vehicle taxes are for the prior calendar year. You will be responsible for the tax bill in Lincoln until you change your address on your registration. In order to avoid being charged for taxes at your old address or if you plan to move soon, you must file a change of address with RIDMV. The form can be obtained at your local DMV office.

Show All Answers

1. Can I pay my tax bills online?
2. How often are property tax bills mailed?
3. When is a real estate property tax bill due?
4. If I pay my property tax bill late, will I be charged any interest?
5. I received my tax bill and believe there is an error in the assessment.
6. Are there any exemptions available to reduce my taxes?
7. Does the Treasurer's Office have homes and / or land for sale?
8. If I did not physically receive an excise bill from the Town, am I still responsible for late charges?
9. I no longer live in the Town of Lincoln but I have a Motor Vehicle Tax bill.
10. I have received a Motor Vehicle Excise Tax bill and I no longer own that vehicle.
11. I am a vendor for the Town looking for a payment, how do I track down my check?
12. I am not the listed property owner, may I get verbal confirmation on property tax payment status?
13. How much do you charge for Municipal Lien Certificates?
14. How long does it take to get a Municipal Lien Certificate?
15. How current is the MLC data?